Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Best advice I ever got

 This post is a growing collection of the most life-guiding advice I ever received.

Deal with things only once

This advice probably came from a mission colleague around 1986 when I was around twenty years old. The idea was that when something comes across your platter, you can economize by reducing the number of times you have to look at it and agonize over it. If it can be dealt with now, or however it can be dealt with now, do that now.

Instead of cursing the darkness, light a candle

A Facebook post (yes, it's true) around 2017 inspired me to move my focus from marches, protests, and political donations (you are very welcome, Ron Paul and Bernie Sanders) toward creating something new and daring that became NPS Global Engineers. And that brought me surprising peace as I found myself rolling out of bed every day to do my life's mission as my day job.

No comments: