Thursday, May 18, 2017

How I made Youtube videos in May 2017

Update July 2018: I downloaded iSpring Free and used it. No tips or tricks yet.
Update 2023: I am using OBS Studio recorder and MS Clipchamp editor

Yesterday I used CamStudio and Youtube/editor to make a Civil 3D Retention Basin video. CamStudio worked great, but I could not remember how I edit out dead spots and mistakes before.


Now today I started CamStudio and all my options are lost. So let's see what I have to do.

-You must not exit with the X or settings are not saved. In fact, they may be reset. I seem to recall this from my previous stint as a videographer.
-Set the Cursor options to greenish and as large as possible with visual click feedback.
-Installed CamStudio Lossless Codec v1.5 and set it current.
-Right-click visual feedback doesn't work.
-I am using version 2.7.4 Build on Mercurial release: r354
-I installed and am using CamStudio Lossless Codec v1.5
-I set the frame rate to 8/sec so I would not look so mouse hyper.

I am trying to use Avidemux to edit the dead parts from the video.
-Avidemux did not create a shortcut. I have to open it from the Program Files folder.
-Not too pleased with Avidemux. Only trims to index frames.

I ended up making the videos really short and doing no editing.

No comments: